Itsy Puppy - Puppy fraud

i paid $3500 for a teacup maltese puppy.unfortunately the pictures provided were when she was 1/2 her age, even the supposed "recent" pics were not recent.

i was shocked to see her when i got her as i was not even sure she was the same dog. also she clearly spent her early life caged which was not disclosed. she was advertised as weepad trained but does not have a clue, to the point of a behavioral problem. she even goes to the weepads to sleep on.

i asked seller 7 days after purchase for even exchange and i would incur any extra charges. she would have nothing to do with it.

shame on her.the 1st picture is what what advertised, the second is her.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 14 Yes 14 42 No 42
Had the same issue 9 Yes 9
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 29 #1166304

Anonymous: I purchased a puppy from Itsy a few years ago the dog is almost 7 pounds. Certainly NOT the micro teacup I was promised. She is a regular sized dog. We love her dearly but Itsy puppy lied about her age and she clearly had never been out of a cage. Ever. They are not honest and are over priced and I belive they get family members to write good reviews. Run away they won't even let you pick the dog up on the premises or let you see the parents. Run far and fast.

2 0 Reply

Jan 13 #1093704

You put a *** crown on your dog.
GOD, that tells the world everything they need to know about you.
Dogs are NOT status symbols, you *** ***.

0 3 Reply

Jun 10, 2015 #993372 Monterrey, Nuevo Leon

People who sell micro puppies are soulless swindlers
I don't understand why people buying a dog don't do research
Rule number one
Never buy from a breeder breeding more than two breeds
Even two is pushing it but maybe they do mix like goldendoodle or the breeder is married and the spouse likes another breed
Rule number two Micro pups are low quality runts. They are not recognized by any reputable institution. Breeding so small is unethical, because of their size their eye can pop out their joint come out. Do you know how you get really small dogs a lot of inbreeding so enjoy the health problems. Rule number three Where are the parents or at least the breeding ***? Where were they raised? Rule number four Breeders breed because they love their dog breed and want to improve it, not for financial gain. Which means they compete their dogs. If you don't want to do your homework go to a shelter. You can find purebreeds it's just takes some time looking or give local shelters a request saying what breed you want. Even on Craigslist you find pure Breds from people who got old or whatever reason need to re home their dog. Never never buy micro pups they are overpriced runts!

5 1 Reply

Jan 20, 2015 #933611

I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience with this "breeder." That having been said, I do feel that you should have done a lot more research on the breed and breeders before making such a purchase.
You would have learned that there is no such thing as a teacup Maltese, and no breeder worth his/her salt would be selling them. They are just taking the smallest puppies from their litters and breeding them, which usually gives them smaller puppies. Sadly, these puppies also commonly have a LOT of health problems, like heart and eye issues, structural and temperament problems, and short, expensive lives. When dogs are bred for size alone, these genetic problems are ignored, and almost always come back to haunt the new owner.
There are several breeds and mixes that are sold as "teacups," "tinies," "baby dolls," etc. If you read the AKC Standard for the breed you're interested in, they will tell you what the approximate size and weight of the adult dog should be. NO REPUTABLE BREEDER will try to breed for one or two characteristics of a breed, (size, eye color, coat color, etc) then charge an outrageous price for these inferior puppies. I'm always amazed that someone will spend so much money on a puppy without finding out everything they can about the breed. A good breeder would have wasted no time telling you that there is no such thing as a teacup Maltese, Chihuahua, Pomeranian, Malti-Poo, ChiWeenie, etc, and would probably have been happy to either tell you

7 0 Reply

Feb 03 #1105855 Cleveland, Ohio

bahahah yesss, karen for the win! you said it all perfectly! just been sitting here laughing/being disappointed in humanity reading all these reviews -_- amazing people actually fall for this stuff. i laugh, then get angry, then cry, because all this *** causes alllll the other problems in the animal industry -_- get it together guys.

Nov 27, 2014 #907039 Manistee, Michigan

Excuse me, the post I was initially referring to was not Angie, but Rdog, although I find Angie's response to be a little over the top as well. You who bought this puppy, you could do the right thing by the poor dogs and cats who do end up on death row, or in puppy mills, or starving to death or being abused, by shelling out to help them, even if you DON'T adopt. Me, I completely share the opinion of "Duh!" in that it IS, sorry, crazy *** to spend that much on a dog being sold online. You must have money to burn, so help a shelter. If you don't, or won't, then I guess in my book you'd be pretty selfish and self-centered. All of this is over now, but I really hope you didn't dispense with this poor puppy just because she wasn't house trained and didn't look like the picture. She looks pretty acceptable to me - and if you are truly looking for a push-n-play animal, the at the very least have the sense to stay away from an ONLINE PURCHASE of a living thing. And if you really can't handle any retraining, get a stuffed animal, as they'll never wee on the rug. As it is, you do sort of continue that idea that the rich are ***, venal, and self-centered. Try making the shoe NOT fit. Help a shelter,even if it ain't about you.

4 0 Reply

Jul 24, 2014 #845043 Hampshire, Illinois

Sadly sounds like these puppies are not socialized. Small dogs need attention 24/7. Breeders need to dedicate their lives to the lives of the puppies. I had a teacup Pomeranian and she died at age 6. The most heartbreaking 6 years of my life watching her suffer continuely. Till she bled to death due to liver failure. The vet bills and medication was astronomically high.

3 0 Reply

Oct 15, 2013 #729327

I purchased two maltese micro pups and I'm so amazed at how perfect they are. I couldn't deal with anyone better as a breeder. No one else will try to keep in touch with you even AFTER you get your puppies..NO ONE!! I am so happy that they will talk to me about any sporadic weird frantic question I have. Thank you so much! I am referring you!

7 7 Reply

Jul 07, 2013 #675951 Raleigh, North Carolina

I purchased a puppy and received her June 28th. She was everything Itsy Puppy said she would be...adorable. Our Maltese had passed away on June 4th and my daughter felt like we should contact Itsy Puppy....our new puppy has already brought us so much happiness. She is absolutely adorable and all the pictures and videos were up to date and truthful. We do also have a rescue dog and find homes for dogs that are abandoned on our 30 acres, but our little puppy is a perfect fit for our family. Thanks Rachel.

4 1 Reply

Jul 02, 2013 #672984 North Highlands, California

Your $3500 could have gone to help save a multitude of animals from being euthanized at shelters. Your greed, pompous attitude and craving for false recognition is inexcusable. Save a life - adopt a shelter pet.

6 2 Reply

Jul 07, 2013 #676139 Raleigh, North Carolina

You have major issues!!! I hope you have a job worthy of saving shelter pets...since you condemn a person who may have spent thousands of dollars on shelter pets. Good luck with your approach to life and making people see your point of view: POMPOUS ATTITUDE AND CRAVING FOR FALSE RECOGNITION IS INEXCUSABLE. Your words ...maybe you should self reflect.

7 2 Reply

Nov 27, 2014 #907016 Manistee, Michigan

While I find Angie's comment pretty harsh, because I know there's a HUGE amount of propaganda placed out there by the AKC and good and bad breeders regarding reasons for getting a bred pup. There are reputable breeders - they should, for example, either work with or run a breed rescue program for returned animals, so if you are insistent on a specific breed, you can still adopt an existing animal that needs a home. Good breeders will be honest about why the animal was returned. Often it's just some appearance flaw.
Before I go any further (and it may be too late, but I have to say this), under all this discussion there's still a puppy who may not be perfect by your standards, but who is entirely blameless in all of this. I do hope that you ensure the puppy's safe return or, preferably, that you keep her. It's easy to potty train - it just takes about two days of taking the pup to the appropriate spot every hour or so, or any time they seem restive, and praising the *** out of them when they produce. Treats are good too. Punishment does NOT work, they just get more frightened and confused - all you can do when mistakes happen is pick them up, take them to the right spot and see if they can squeeze out a bit more, and praising, praising. It helps, in my opinion, if you have a word or a phrase (or a clicker. Clicker training is amazing, fun to teach because you learn to think like your dog, really fast, and your dog enjoys the learning process. You can clicker

Jan 20, 2015 #933660

This is in response to whoever is, shall we say "uninformed", enough to believe in crossbred hardiness. IT IS A MYTH. If one were to breed some crappy Poodle to a crappy Cocker Spaniel, do you actually believe the resultant puppies would be better than their parents or a carefully-bred purebred pup?? That is just ***, and it shows how gullible the public really is.
If you want to adopt from a shelter, that's great. It is very true that purebred dogs sometimes end up there. Those that do, though, are dumped there by irresponsible owners who would have dumped a mixed-breed just as quickly. But most of the time, it's like reaching into a grab bag, hoping that you don't end up with a dog that likes to snack on small children, has any or all of a zillion other behavioral problems, or comes from a puppy mill, and has so many health issues that their owners can't afford to keep them any more. OR you could get a sweet, healthy dog that some lazy owner dumped because it outgrew it's puppy cuteness. Good luck with that.
Or you could take your time, learn about the breed you're interested in, find several breeders, and do some comparitive shopping. A good breeder will be more than happy to provide you with copies of the results of genetic tests of the sire and dam of their puppies, let you visit with the dam and the rest of the puppies as much as you like, and educate you as to what you can expect an adult to look and act like. Don't be thrown if the sire is not there; show

3 0 Reply

Feb 03 #1105867 Cleveland, Ohio

lol karen again for the win! i think we might be best friends and not know it yet xD lol, now if you breed cavaliers i have definitely found my future breeder!

0 1

Jun 27, 2013 #670228

Oh for the love of God! Why, why o why do you people insist on paying a fortune for puppies online (which almost certainly come from a puppy mill) when there are soooooooooooooo many beautiful dogs/puppies in shelters on death row awaiting a home.
Not only are these puppies very likely to have genetic problems from inbreeding, but a lot of times they do have training/behavioral problems because they are not socialized/handled much before being sold.
I would be embarrassed to admit that I did something as *** as buying a pet online. I'm a Vet & see these type of dogs all the time & honestly you are just asking for trouble when you buy a live animal, unseen, based on a photo that any 10 year old could Photoshop nowadays (google image search the picture they sent you - it's been around for years!!). It is also immensely distressing to the pet to be shipped about & now potentialy be sent back (what a loving, understanding home you're providing - yeesh) so even if she only had a few potty training issues before & didn't have serious behavioral issues she likely will after you've given up on her. How sad.

4 0 Reply

Oct 05, 2013 #725888 really wonder this. How many times have you saved a hypoallergenic, non shedding, non drooling, can board the plane with you dog from the shelter? Really....please tell me where I can save a dog that fits this description!

8 5 Reply
amazed by the stupid

Feb 03 #1105874

lol please tell me where you can find this mythological hypoallergenic, non-shedding, non-drooling dog AT ALL XD XD hahaha. because they do not exist. hate to burst your *** ignorant bubble (lol no i don't) but all dog's shed their skin (the hypoallergenic myth). all dogs fur/hair will come out (non-shedding myth). and seriously you don't even want to let your dog's saliva leave it's mouth?? XD XD really? well obviously this very *** demand is not possible as well, dogs "sweat" by panting. they would quickly & easily die from a heat stroke if not able to cool down -_- butttt ya know, we just caaaan't have any saliva aaaanywhere so bye by fluffy -______-
people like you make me sick. WHY get a dog if you don't want it to BE A DOG?!? get a stuffed animal instead!!!! and maybe next time do a little research before attempting to "call out" a medical animal professional -_- because you just look *** now.

2 0 Reply

Jun 27, 2013 #670208

Hello, I wanted to question this review on Itsy Puppy because I purchased a micro maltese recently and she came beautiful and healthy just like they said she would. I'm sorry to hear about what happened, but I even got videos privately linked on youtube every week and she looks exactly like her.

6 1 Reply

Jun 24, 2013 #668779

Hi, I saw your post I just saw this website but now after hearing this I don't know what to do could u tell me a bit more a out the experience e thanks

happy itsypuppy customer

Oct 06, 2014 #880477 Newport Beach, California

Hi Lola - I purchased two beautiful puppies from itsypuppy and they are exactly as advertised and the experience working with itsypuppy was amazing... the little nuggets are adorable and we are so happy with them!

5 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.